How do I enable Keep with next in Word?
Keeping a paragraph with the next paragraph Click the dialog box launcher on the bottom right of the Paragraph group. The Paragraph dialog box appears. Select the Line and Page breaks tab. Check Keep with next.
How do I move a figure caption in Word?
Click on the figure or table where you want the caption to appear. On the References tab, click the Insert Caption button. In the Caption window, in the Label menu, select the label Figure or Table. In the Position menu, select where you want the caption to appear.
How do I manage figures in Word?
- Select the object (table, equation, figure, or another object) that you want to add a caption to.
- On the References tab, in the Captions group, click Insert Caption.
- In the Label list, select the label that best describes the object, such as a figure or equation.
How do I keep a table next in Word?
Select the table rows, and click the anchor at bottom-right corner of Paragraph group on the Home tab. See screenshot: 4. In the Paragraph dialog box, please (1) enable the Line and Page Breaks tab, (2) check the Keep with next option, and (3) click the OK button.
How do you unsplit a table in Word?
The merging of table can be done using text wrapping properties. For that, select first table. Go to properties–> In table properties, select text wrapping as none and then click OK.
How do I change the figure number in Word?
Place your cursor in front of ANY automated caption number for ANY figure. Go to the References tab and click Insert Caption to open the Caption dialog box. Change the Label to Figure. Click Numbering to open the Caption Numbering dialog box.
How do I put two tables next to each other in Word?
On the Page Layout tab, in the page Setup group, click Columns and select Two.
- Select the Insert tab, and in the Tables group, click Tables and select an option to insert a table.
- Drag the table created in point 3, and move it adjacent to the first table.
How do I keep text together in Word?
Right-click the paragraph that you want to keep together. In the box that opens, select Paragraph. In the Paragraph dialog box, click the Line and Page Breaks tab. In the Pagination section, select the Keep lines together check box, and click OK.
How do you name a figure in APA?
APA does not require a title within the chart itself. BUT all figures need be numbered and have a title in a caption below the chart. The text in a figure should be in a san serif font (such as Helvetica, Arial, or Futura).
How do I automate table numbers in Word?
One way is to use Word’s built-in numbering, in this manner:
- Insert your table as you normally would.
- Select the cells in the table that you want to have numbered.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Numbering tab, in the Paragraph group. Word adds numbering, automatically, to the selected cells.
How do you do number figures?
Figures should be: Labeled (under the figure) with the figure number and appropriate descriptive title (“Figure” can be spelled out [“Figure 1.”] or abbreviated [“Fig. 1.”] as long as you are consistent). Numbered in the order they appear in the text.