How do I get the messaging app on my macbook air?
Open the Messages app by clicking its green-and-white icon in your Dock. If it isn’t already there, you can find it in the Applications folder or by searching for it. 2. Sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone to send iMessages.
How do I enable Messages on my Macbook?
Receive and Send SMS and MMS Messages on Your Mac
- On your iPhone, go to “Settings > Messages.”
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Enable your Mac in the list of devices.
- On your Mac, open the Messages app.
- Enter this code on your iPhone, then tap Allow.
How do I sync my iPhone Messages to my macbook air?
Prepare iPhone to Sync Messages on Mac & iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Messages.
- Make sure iMessage is toggled on (it may take a moment to activate).
- Tap Send & Receive.
- If Use your Apple ID for iMessage pops up, tap it and sign in with the Apple ID you use on the Apple devices you want to sync with.
Where is Messages app on Mac?
How to Set up Messages on Your Mac
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac – you can find it in the Applications folder.
- You’ll be asked to sign in.
- If you have two-step or two-factor authentication turned on for your Apple ID, enter your verification code.
- Select Messages -> Preferences…
- Select the iMessage tab.
Why is my iMessage not working on Mac?
Make sure your iMessage is enabled on your Mac. Another way to fix your iMessage not working on your Mac is to disable the app entirely. After that, re-enable your iMessage to somehow reset the app. From the list, select “Preferences.” Click on the “iMessage” tab and check that the Apple ID you’re using is correct.
How do I get Imessages on my Mac?
Set up iMessage
- In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In. Make sure to sign in using the same Apple ID on every device.
- Choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then select any of the following options: Store your messages in iCloud: Select Enable Messages in iCloud.
Why are my text messages not showing up on my Mac?
Ensure you’re signed in to iCloud on your Mac and iPhone using the same Apple ID. Go to Settings > Messages on your iPhone and tap on Text Messages Forwarding. You will see your Mac (or Macs) listed here with an on off slider beside them. To allow your Mac to send and receive text messages turn the slider to green.
Why are my text messages not showing on my Mac?
Why won’t my Messages sync on my Mac?
The main Messages not syncing on Mac fix is to make sure that the app on your Mac and your iOS device are correctly set up so that they would sync. Turn Messages off and then back on both devices. Sign out and then back in. Force Sync iMessage on your Mac.
How do I reinstall Imessages on my Mac?
First solution: Sign out of iMessage then sign in again.
- Open the Messages app on your Mac.
- Go to Preferences.
- Select your iMessage account.
- Click the option to Sign Out.
- After a few seconds, head back to the iMessage preferences menu in Messages then select the option to Sign in.
Why am I not getting Imessages on my Mac?
On a Mac, launch the Messages app and select Messages > Preferences from the menu bar. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, uncheck Enable Messages in iCloud. Reboot your Mac, then turn this setting back on. To be extra thorough, you may want to do this for every device you use with iMessage.
Why is my Mac not receiving iMessages?
How to set up iMessage on MacBook Air?
How to set up iMessage on Mac Launch Messages from your desktop, dock, or Applications folder. By default, the Messages app will use your Apple ID to… Click on Messages in the Menu bar Click on Preferences. Click on the iMessage tab. Source: iMore Select the phone number and email addresses at
How do I set up text messages on my Mac?
See Set up iPhone to get SMS messages on Mac. In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In. Make sure to sign in using the same Apple ID on every device. See the Apple Support article Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.
How do I sign in to the Messages app on Mac?
In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In. Make sure to sign in using the same Apple ID on every device. See the Apple Support article Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.
How to use mail on MacBook Air?
Use Mail on your Mac. Use the Mail app to compose, reply to, and sort email on your Mac. You can also add and mark up attachments. If you don’t have an email account set up, Mail prompts you to add your email account. To add another account, choose Mail > Add Account from the menu bar in Mail.