What are the example of subordinating conjunction?
Examples of Subordinating Conjunction
- My father believes that I should be a writer.
- He inspires me always because he believes in me.
- He works so hard that he can provide everything we need.
- I trust him because he is a trustworthy person.
- My life will be blessed if I fulfill his dreams.
- He will always support me whether I succeed or not.
What’s the difference between compound and complex sentences?
A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause. …
Are subordinating conjunctions used in complex sentences?
Subordinating conjunctions are essential parts of complex sentences with include at least two clauses, with one of the clauses being main (independent) and the other being subordinate (dependent). Second, it provides a transition between two ideas in the same sentence.
How do you identify a subordinate clause in a complex sentence?
A subordinate clause, like an independent clause, has a subject and a verb, but unlike an independent clause, it cannot stand alone as a sentence. Subordinate clauses begin with certain words or short phrases called subordinating words (also known as dependent words, or subordinating/subordinate conjunctions).
What are the 12 subordinating conjunctions?
List of Subordinating Conjunctions
What are some examples of a compound complex sentence?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentences
- Kate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.
- The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.
- She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What conjunctions are used in complex sentences?
Complex sentences – Part 1: Conjunctions for complex sentences
|contrast||although though even though while whereas|
|reason||because since as|
|time||when as soon as while as once until after before|