What is the prettiest Irish name?
Here’s our list of the most beautiful names in the entirety of the Irish language.
- Saoirse. Saoirse (pronounced seer-sha) is a feminine name that rose to popularity during the 1920s.
What is the most common Irish female name?
Please Tick This Box:
|3||Sarah||Sorcha, Sive, Saraid|
What is the most rare Irish girl name?
Top 10 unusual Irish girl names
- Sheelin. What is this?
- Caireann. What is this?
- Líadan. Meaning ‘grey lady’, this name is pronounced ‘Lee-uh-din’.
- Sadb/Sadhbh. In late medieval Ireland, this unusual girls name once held the title of the second-most-popular in the land.
What is the most attractive name for a girl?
Popular Girls Names Meaning Beautiful
- Alana (Gaelic origin) meaning “beauty”.
- Alika (Hawaiian origin) meaning “most beautiful”.
- Amidala (Italian origin) meaning “beautiful as a flower”.
- Ani (Hawaiian origin) meaning “beautiful”.
- Annabelle (Hebrew, English origin) meaning “grace and beauty”.
What’s a good Irish name for a girl?
Irish surname-names are popular for baby girls in the US, including Riley, Kennedy, and Quinn. Along with Riley, other Irish girl names in the US Top 1000 include Nora, Reagan, Rowan, Finley, Cassidy, Sloane, and Teagan. Unique Irish girl names finding more widespread use include Saoirse, Una, and Teagan.
What is the Irish name for princess?
Princess in Irish is Banphrionsa.
What is a good Celtic name for a girl?
216 Celtic Baby Girl Names With Meanings
|Afric||Irish – Pleasant; Agreeable; Pleasing; Woman from Africa||Girl|
|Agnese||A variant of Agnes. It means lamb.||Girl|
|Aife||Celtic – Beauty; A great warrior woman of myth; It is variant of the name Aoife||Girl|
|Ailidh||Celtic – Kind; Noble; Bright One; Light||Girl|
What is a unique girl name?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
What are sassy girl names?
Here are some of the popular sassy baby girl names with meanings:
- Amber. Amber is a beautiful English female name which means “fossilized tree resin”, which is considered as precious as a jewel.
- Beatrix. This Latin origin name is a popular character of Harry Potter movies.
What are some unique Irish girls?
These are unusual Irish names for girls.
- Aine (awn-ye)
- Aoibhinn (ee-van)
- Caoimhe (kwee-va)
- Clodagh (cloda)
- Dearbhla (durv-la)
- Eimear (ee-mur)
- Fionnuala (fi-noola)
- Niamh (neev)
What are rare Irish names?
Unusual Irish baby names for boys
- Aengus: Irish version of Angus.
- Ailill: From the Irish Ailleacht, or “beauty”
- Bly: Anglicized version of an Irish name.
- Brogan: An Irish name meaning “sturdy shoe”
- Caelan: Anglicized form of Caolán.
- Conlan: This Irish name means “hero”
- Declan: Anglicized version of Deaglán.
What Irish name means miracle?
The name Ian originates from the Scottish origin and is derived from the Gaelic name John. The name literally means a miracle or a gift from the Lord.
What are some cute Irish girl names?
Aisling. Aisling is a gorgeous feminine Irish name,meaning ‘vision’ and ‘dream’.
What are the most popular names in Ireland?
Ireland’s most popular baby names: Miley and Angel, your time has come*. Oisin and James were most favoured in Donegal , while Thomas shared the top position with Jack in South Tipperary . Noah, Sean and Jack proved to be the most popular name for baby boys registered in Carlow.
What are good girl names?
Abigail Heart. Abigail comes from the Hebrew name Avigail and is derived from the Hebrew elements ab,meaning “father,” and g-y-l,meaning “to rejoice.”
What are some uncommon Irish names?
Ailill (Aye-lil) – An unusual baby name taken from an early Irish king meaning ‘elf or sprite’. Lugh (Lou) – A Celtic Sun God, and father of Cú Chulainn meaning ‘light or brightness’. Ailbhe (AL-vyeh) – A cute and unique taken from an Irish Saint meaning ‘world king’. Aengus (eng-iss) – Means ‘strength’ or ‘vigour’.