What is a sorority packet?
A Recruitment Information Packet, also known as a Recommendation Packet or Sorority Packet, is a compilation of all the information an alumna of a sorority needs in order to write a Letter of Recommendation for a Potential New Member (that’s you!).
How many letters of recommendation do you need for a sorority?
one recommendation letter
Do you need rec letters for sororities?
The sorority does not need it. Only recommendations submitted by actual members of the sorority are considered official recommendations. Letters from friends, teachers, or family members are not considered.
How do you fill out a sorority application?
The Ultimate Guide to Sorority Recruitment: How to Write a Resume
- Make your name jump from the paper when someone looks at the resume.
- Include your contact information.
- Include a picture of yourself.
- DO include your weighted & unweighted GPA and class rank.
- Please include your college and intended major.
- Keep your activities and involvement short and sweet.
What goes in a sorority packet?
Each Presentation Envelope should feature a mailing label pre-addressed to the appropriate sorority house on your campus and postage. Place the contents of your sorority packet—your resume, cover letter, academic information, and photographs—inside the envelope.
What should a sorority resume look like?
What to Include on a Sorority Resume
- Note: Put your name front and center at the top of your resume and make sure that it stands out.
- SECTION 1: EDUCATION.
- Note: Keep this section (and the next one) simple by just entering the necessary data.
- SECTION 2: PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- SECTION 3: HONORS AND AWARDS.
What is a sorority recommendation letter?
A letter of recommendation for the sorority experience is an opportunity for a member of a sorority to introduce you to a chapter. This letter can highlight pieces of your life and experience that will show how you plan to be an engaged member of a sorority and how you uphold the values and expectations of membership.
Do sororities look good on resumes?
Students often want to know if they should add Greek life to their resumes, and if so, how they can highlight such experiences in professional and relevant ways. It is recommended that you always include sorority or fraternity information on your resume, as many components of your membership are selling points.